Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The People of Sabana Yegua

These people love to be loved. They are some of the sweetest, most loving people I have ever come in contact with. Today my team was the "clown team", Jenna dressed as the clown and she was AMAZING, the kids adored her. Kids followed us from stop to stop, holding our hands, trying to talk to us, those of us who don't speak spanish - we managed with a mixture of broken Spanish, broken English, and broken sign langauge. There were a few kids that not only followed us from stop to stop, they also followed us all the way to the place where we ate lunch. Super sweet kiddos. There was one kid ... Omar/Carlos, who wanted to be in every picture we took! We called him little Don Martin. :)  Yesterday when we played basketball, he told me his name was Carlos....today he said his name was Omar.....so now I just call him OmarCarlos, cutie pie.














Pastor Cesar's wife has cooked us lunch for the last 2 days ...... YUMMMMMMM-OOO, we've have been SO spoiled! His church, right below his house, hold about 200 seats, perfect for the needs of this city. Pastor Kathi ministered to the ladies today and they fell in love with her. She spoke with power and boldness, and blessed all the ladies of Sabana Yegua with Murano Jewelry! they LOVED it! Those pics will be ready tomorrow.

Everyone has such great tales, and we are trying really hard to get everyone to blog, but at lunchtime we are eating and talking about the day, and then after we get back everyone is tired, I promise we will get someone else on here soon!

Pastor Pat and Kathi met with the local mayor - I wasn't there, I was with a team on the streets, but I was told there are pics somewhere. I will find them. we are trying to give you a quick look at the day, but if you have questions, don't be afriad to ask - you can ask on Facebook, or email me at mandy@centerpointfamily.org. I can only get those emails at night, but I will answer as quickly as I can. Everyone is healthy, happy, excited about the first night of crusades.

~mandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment